Monday, September 8, 2008

China, here I come.

Upon much ado, I am finally going back to Chengdu, China. I will leave Thursday, August 11th 9:15am and will arrive in Chengdu Friday, August 12th 9:30pm. Once again, I will be teaching at the Sichuan Conservatory of Music for the school year (until July). I'm looking forward to another exciting year. Six of my students from last year will be 4th year seniors. This will be a great challenge for me as they will have to prepare a thesis and final jury. I am also looking forward to meeting my new students and studying Chinese. When I arrive in Chengdu, I will meet Guo Yang at the airport. He is the saxophone teacher at SCCM's affiliated high school. His students are always outstanding and he is a very good friend of mine. It will be good to see him again! There's a rumor that my students want to take me to hot pot Friday night. I guess that will be about 6:30am Oregon time, hot pot for breakfast sounds interesting.

Wish me luck on my flight! Check back on my blog more often as more blogs and pictures are coming.

No comments: